Friday 17 December 2010

Why does a man drink too much?

What are sins? Why for example does a man drink too much? Because he hates the idea of being bound_

Bound by the incapacity to drink as much as he wishes. He is striving after liberty in every sin he commits this striving after liberty is the first instinctive action of God in a man’s mind. For God knows that he is not bound. Drinking too much does not give a man liberty. But then the man does not know that he is really seeking liberty. When he realises that he sets about seeking the best way to obtain liberty.

But the man only gains that liberty when he realises that he was never bound. The ‘I, I, I’s who feel so bound are really the illimitable spirit. I am bound because I know nothing that I do not sense by one of the senses. whereas I am all the time that which senses in every body, in every mind. This body and minds are only the tools of ‘I’, the illimitable spirit.

What do I want with the tools who am the tools themselves, as the colours are the WHITE LIGHTS?

(source_

Self Realization_ By B V Narasimha Swamiji)

No comments:

Post a Comment