Friday 10 May 2013

this poem looked like my thoughts penned by a true Sai devotee.....

It is my good fortune,
I came across a strange person,
Quite contrary to worldly ways,
And full of divine rays,
I was wonder-struck to perceive his simplicity,
And more amazed to find his enmity to publicity.
He possesses a rare patience,
And a unique tolerence,
Towards quite contrary views,
And is eager to gel spiritual news.
Immense love he bears to purity.
And is ever fond of humility,
He delights in 'Sai Thoughts',
And wishes to share it with others,
He never gets tired of spiritual talk,
And wherever he goes he leaves spiritual mark.
With eagerness I approached him,
With an intention to get details of him;
But to my surprise he does not wish to mention,
His power, status, titles or position,
His repeated answers to my repeated enquiries are 'Jai Sai Ram';
For he gels constant support from 'Jai Sai Ram',
He is emphatic in his       utterance of 'Jai Sai Ram',
And makes it his duty to reveal the glory of 'Jai Sai*.
I thought only 'a true Sai devotee' can be like that,
And I was happy to meet a true Sai devotee.
Then a question arose within myself,
To get answer to it I was introspecting myself,
It is 'am I a true Sai devotee?'
The answer for that is very explicit,
And I am purposely evading this as transient,
I determined to ponder over the question again and again,
Till I get a positive answer to this again and again.
- Dr. R. Rukmani
Madras-600061.

No comments:

Post a Comment