Tuesday 24 March 2009

Datta Nimonkar



This is the photograph of Dutta Nimonkar grandson of Nana Saheb Nimonkar.
One day I heard the voice of Baba in my dream telling me "Sunitha will show".
I woke up and started thinking about any Sunitha I know of.
I was to travel to Shirdi next day and felt that I may come across Sunitha that Baba referred to me. I did not come across any Sunitha and the day to leave Shirdi approached. Morning I was told that in a village near to Shirdi there is this old man 'Dutta Nimonkar' who was a boy of two months when Baba held him and played with him and he was the grand son of Nimonkar. He was named Dutta by Baba and his name previous to this was Padmakar.
I was thrilled at the suggestion to go and visit him.
It was an exhilarating experience which no words can explain meeting Shri Dutta Nimonkar and listening to the experiences. For me it was like being at Babas feet and hearing Him talk.
The hospitality the family gave was like the leelas we read about Baba feeding His devotees. Totally impressed and feeling heavenly reluctantly it was time for me to take their leave and I wanted to thank every member of the family including Dutta Babas daughter in law who though young in age treated us like a mother treats her children with a smile in her face showing no discomfort for having a visitor at an unearthly hour.
When I asked her name to thank her it took me a few seconds to recover when she said her name is ‘Sunitha’
Dear devotees till now I do not understand what Baba tried to tell me but each visit of mine to Shirdi is incomplete without a visit to ‘Nimon;.
In my next posting I will give the detailed story about Dutta Nimonkar.

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT ARTICLE. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME THE COMPLETE POSTAL ADDRESS OF DATTA NIMONKAR. I ALSO WISH TO MEET HIM PERSONALLY.

    ReplyDelete