Sunday 26 April 2009

Baba fulfilled the wishes of Shri D. B. Potnis,
88 Juna Bazar Karkee,
Poona.

I was first serving under a doctor in Poona for Rs. 6/- P.M. In December 1940, I wanted to give an application in the Defence Department. I gone with an application in my hand by walking. After reaching a chowk, I was not aware of the way and enquired a tanga wala. He was very old. Instead of telling me the way, the old man asked me to sit in His tanga. I told Him that as there was no money and that I was walking. He told me that was His own tanga and asked me to sit in His tanga, We reached the Military Defence Department, He received my application and presented it on my behalf to the concerned Officer and went away. After some days I was called upon for an interview. I met the same old man again on my way. He told me to purchase a particular nib for writing as they would test my hand writing. As I have got no money He himself purchased that particular nib with the pen holder and given to me. I have gone and given my interview and they have asked me at length to write a paragraph as foretold by the tangawala. I joined duty in the Defence Accounts Department on 5-2-1944. I was also studying in Poona English School. On 14-5-1951, I accompanied the school boys for excursion to Shivgad. All the boys were exchanging their eatables purchased by them by their money and they were questioning me as to what have I to give them. I was in a fix with empty hand sitting under a mango tree. Suddenly. I saw an empty match box. I took and opened it. To my surprise, there was one Rs. 10/- note in it. I gave them to my friends to purchase some eatables and distribution amo­ngst us. Thus my dignity was saved amongst my freinds. I used to cook up food with my brother's vessels. My brother has got two daughters. The third one was a son. His one daughter and his son were with me along with my daughter. I got a transfer to Ahmad-nagar. I wanted to take with me the cooking vessels of my brother which I used for cooking in Poona. But my brother's daughter with me refused for it. I left all with her and started to Ahmednagar with a Katturi and a spoon which were gifted to my daughter in her School along with Baba's photo. In Ahmeunagar, Shri N. A. Agad Gaonkar helped for my lodging in his house and his father helped me much till I get all my required Samans in his friend Mr. Rasane's shop. From this time I was well off. From Ahmednagar I was transferred to Poolgaom in 1948. My 4 years daughter with her imagination of a serpent first used to weep continua­sly during midnight and afterwards every now and then at all times used to weep and cry as Serpent. I did not know anything to do as it was beyond medical reach. My neighbour also kept her for a day in his house whether her fearing and weeping would stop. But in vain. I thought first that she may mistook a spider for serpent. Then I put ghee lamp before Baba's photo and I prayed to Baba heartily and perfor­med Arati with Dhoop. Afterwards her imagination for serpent every where and her weeping over it was stopped and she was about to move and live freely with­out any trouble. In 1949, I used to read regularly (1) Navnath Granth (2) Guru Charitra and (3) Baba's Satcharitra. Once I began parayan of Baba's Satcharitra and on the last day, I performed Satyanarayana Puja and I was reading the last (53rd) chapter of Baba's Satcharitra. In Satyanarayana Puja Mantap, near puja tali, a small rat came and sat on a plantain leaf. It remained there till the parayan (reading) of the 53rd chapter was over and then the Arati. After Arati was over, it has gone of its own accord. We all thought that Baba Himself attended the puja in the shape of a rat. Thus Baba was fulfilling my desires and is still fulfilling my desires to all my prayers.

Surrender Shri Sai Completely ! Stupendous Delectation and Deliverance be there I!

No comments:

Post a Comment