Monday 20 December 2010

Baba as Dog

Baba as a dog and sickly Sudra: Kasinath Govind Upasani Maharaj (KGU) who lived at Shirdi in 1911-14, prepared his food which a black dog was watching. Offering nothing to the dog, K.G.U. went to the masjid and offered it to Baba. Baba: Why did you bring it here. I was there.
K.G.U. : Baba, there was none there, except a black dog. Baba :
I was that black dog.
Baba refused to accept food that day. Next day K.G.U. prepared his meal at his quarters and found no dog there. But a sickly Sudra was standing leaning on a wall and looking at the food. The orthodox K.G.U. drove him away from that place and brought the food to S.Baba.
S. Baba : Yesterday you did not offer me food. Today also you drove me away. Why bring the food here?
K.G.U.: Where were you there, Baba?
S.B.: I was leaning on the wall.
K.G.U.: What ! could you be in such a person?
S.B.: Yes I am in all things and beyond.
Purusha Sukta
i.e. He pervades the earth and transcends it.
Source : Sai Baba Charters and Sayings

No comments:

Post a Comment